MOON CITY CON ANTI-HARASSMENT POLICY
417Gamers, LLC and Moon City Con are dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference to all attendees, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race or religion. Moon City Con will not tolerate harassment of any other participate or attendee in any form. Conference participates, vendors and attendees violating the following rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without refund. By attending this conference you are consenting to the following anti-harassment policy and give consent to Moon City Con regarding all decisions for sanctions or expulsion without reimbursement or refund based upon the circumstances.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Derogatory verbal comments or statements related to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation,
disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, or education to any other Moon City Con
participant or attendee
- Sexual images in public spaces;
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, or mockery
- Harassing photography or recording
- Deliberate and repeated disruption without justification of games or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact of any nature with anyone
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- The advocating for, or encouraging of, any of the above behavior.
- Participates or attendees asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately
- Exhibitors, sponsors, vendors, or other similar activities are also subject to this anti-harassment policy
- By attending Moon City Con all participates and attendees consent that event organizers retain the right
to take the following actions necessary to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants:
warnings and/or expulsion without refund
- Event organizers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participant or attendee
- An event organizer’s sanction, whether it be a warning or expulsion from the event, is final.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report his/her behavior as soon as
possible. You can make a personal report by
- Calling or messaging the following phone number: 417-986-5474
- Contacting a staff member identified by badge, button or t-shirt.
When taking a report, event organizers will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other staff organizers to ensure your report is managed properly. We may ask you to tell us about what happened. Event organizers will be as respectful as possible, and you may bring someone to support you. You WILL NOT be asked to confront anyone and we WILL NOT tell anyone who you are.
Our staff encourages everyone to have an amazing time playing games, building friendships, and meeting new players. But competitive games can become tense. Please use your best judgment when participating in friendly banter with your fellow players and please be courteous to other players with the use of any offensive language.