MOON CITY CON ANTI-HARASSMENT POLICY
417Gamers, LLC and Moon City Con are dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference to all attendees, regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race or religion. Moon City Con will not tolerate harassment of any other participate or attendee in any form. Conference participates, vendors and attendees violating the following rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without refund. By attending this conference you are consenting to the following anti-harassment policy and give consent to Moon City Con regarding all decisions for sanctions or expulsion without reimbursement or refund based upon the circumstances.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Derogatory verbal comments or statements related to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, or education to any other Moon City Con participant or attendee;
- Sexual images in public spaces;
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, or mockery;
- Harassing photography or recording;
- Deliberate and repeated disruption without justification of games or other events;
- Inappropriate physical contact of any nature with anyone;
- Unwelcome sexual attention;
- The advocating for, or encouraging of, any of the above behavior.
- Participates or attendees asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately;
- Exhibitors, sponsors, vendors, or other similar activities are also subject to this anti-harassment policy;
- By attending Moon City Con all participates and attendees consent that event organizers retain the right to take the following actions necessary to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants: warnings and/or expulsion without refund;
- Event organizers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participant or attendee;
- An event organizer’s sanction, whether it be a warning or expulsion from the event, is final.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report his/her behavior as soon as possible. You can make a personal report by
- Calling or messaging the following phone number: 417-233-4547
- Contacting a staff member identified by badge, button or t-shirt.
When taking a report, event organizers will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other staff organizers to ensure your report is managed properly. We may ask you to tell us about what happened. Event organizers will be as respectful as possible, and you may bring someone to support you. You WILL NOT be asked to confront anyone and we WILL NOT tell anyone who you are.
Our staff encourages everyone to have an amazing time playing games, building friendships, and meeting new players. But competitive games can become tense. Please use your best judgment when participating in friendly banter with your fellow players and please be courteous to other players with the use of any offensive language.
417GAMERS, LLC AND/OR MOON CITY CON CONSENT FOR PHOTOGRAPHY AND/OR VIDEOGRAPHY
417Gamers, LLC and/or Moon City Con reserve the right to use any photograph/video taken at any event sponsored by 417Gamers, LLC and/or Moon City Con, without the expressed written permission of those included within the photograph/video. 417Gamers, LLC and/or Moon City Con may use the photograph/video in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted by 417Gamers, LLC and/or Moon City Con including but not limited to: advertising, brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc.
To ensure the privacy of individuals and children, images will not be identified using full names or personal identifying information without prior written approval from the photographed subject, parent or legal guardian.
A person attending any 417Gamers, LLC event who does not wish to have their image recorded for distribution should make their wishes known to the photographer, and/or the event organizers, and/or contact 417Gamers, LLC and/or Moon City Con at 2425 S. Roanoke Ave., Springfield, Missouri, 65807 in writing.
By participating in a 417Gamers, LLC and/or Moon City Con event, or by failing to notify 417Gamers, LLC and/or Moon City Con, in writing, of your desire to not have your photograph used by 417Gamers, LLC and/or Moon City Con, you are agreeing to release, defend, hold harmless and indemnify 417Gamers, LLC and/or Moon City Con from any and all claims involving the use of your picture or likeness.
Any person or organization not affiliated with 417Gamers, LLC and/or Moon City Con may not use, copy, alter or modify 417Gamers, LLC and/or Moon City Con photographs, graphics, videography or other, similar reproductions or recordings without the advance written permission of an authorized designee from 417Gamers, LLC and/or Moon City Con.